Becoming a Writer: Weekly Creative Writing Workshops
*Drop in and try a workshop before committing in 2018. Places available on 30 Nov and 7 Dec. Scroll down to pay and book a place.
Thursday mornings, Forest Row: 9 weeks – 18 January to 22 March, break 15 Feb
Wednesday evenings, Turners Hill 9 weeks: 17 January – 21 March, break 14 Feb.
Themed weekly drop-in writing workshops with space for led writing exercises as well as feedback on writing brought in from home. We will also explore aspects of craft and technique as needed. These workshops are not a step-by-step course, but developed in response to the stage you are at and what you’d like to work on.
These workshops are for you if you:
– have always wanted to write but don’t know where to start
– have been scribbling in a notebook and wonder if these ideas could turn into something else
– could do with some help bringing your writing alive.
I will share techniques, tools and tips to help:
– your writing flow
– bring your writing alive
– create a writing habit
– you understand what works well in a piece of writing
– experiment with language
– you feel part of a writing community.
There will be plenty of:
– fun exercises, writing together and reading out (if you feel comfortable)
– suggestions of things to try inbetween the weekly sessions
– a toolkit of ideas, resources and exercises you can return to at home
– gentle guidance as you gain confidence in your writing
– tea and coffee to keep those words flowing.
What to bring:
Paper, pens and a willingness to try new things.
The course takes place on Thursday mornings at Forest Row cricket pavilion between 10 and 12, and Wednesday evenings at Turners Hill Ark between 7 and 9pm.
Email email@example.com to book a place or pay with PayPal. Select 1 workshop, 3 workshops or pay for 6 weeks in full: