*This course starts again on 14 September 2017. Scroll down to pay and book a place.
An introduction to creative writing for beginners with Mel Parks. We will look at the writing process, character, language, setting and point of view using prompts, games, exercises and examples from poetry and prose.
This course is for you if you:
– have always wanted to write but don’t know where to start
– have been scribbling in a notebook and wonder if these ideas could turn into something else
– could do with some help bringing your writing alive.
I will share techniques, tools and tips to help:
– your writing flow
– bring your writing alive
– create a writing habit
– you understand what works well in a piece of writing
– experiment with language
– you feel part of a writing community.
There will be plenty of:
– fun exercises, writing together and reading out (if you feel comfortable)
– suggestions of things to try inbetween the weekly sessions
– a toolkit of ideas, resources and exercises you can return to when the course ends
– gentle guidance as you gain confidence in your writing
– tea and coffee to keep those words flowing.
What to bring:
Paper, pens and a willingness to try new things.
The course takes place on Thursday mornings at Forest Row cricket pavilion between 10 and 12.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place or pay with PayPal. Select 1 workshop, 3 workshops or pay for 6 weeks in full: